Tuesday, June 07, 2005

True Joy in Life

I came across these words from George Bernard Shaw and I think they are very poignant:

This is the true joy of life ... being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as the mighty one ... being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy .... I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live it is a privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die. For the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It's a sort of splendid torch which I've got to hold up for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to the future generations.


It has taken me nearly half my life to fully realize the fact that I have to contribute to my environment and do so by adapting to it rather than expecting my environment to adapt to me! Anyways better late than never I say .... hope I too can make a difference for having lived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home