Thursday, April 14, 2005

Word from the Existentialist

The other day I took an interesting quiz (Microsoft IE died on me since then so I've lost track of what links I followed). The conclusion of that quiz was that I have an Existentialist bent of mind. I wouldn't have thought so. But with this new understanding of myself, I shall now spend some more time thinking about the meaning of life ..... :-) :-)

Ok here's one thought; I've always wondered what happiness is. I remember my life being a near-constant struggle to reach some level of "happiness" but I also remember that after getting there, it hardly mattered and the mind switches to a new goal of "happiness". Do people ever relax, stop and think, "Hey I'm really having a good time right now. This is happiness"? Maybe some people do. I should learn to take things a bit easy as well. Maybe that is the meaning (and purpose) of life. To learn to really enjoy a moment and be happy.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Arun Kumar said...

I don't see your line.
"Happiness is a state".
??

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Charul said...

Yes, it's missing that line. So here it is :)

"Happiness is a state of mind!"

- C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home